Monday 26 October 2015

Halloween Baking

Hello!

I'm a huge of Halloween! Mainly because I absolutely love witches, so it is right up my street. I just can't resist buying all the exciting spooky themed sweets and novelty stuff in the shops.

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to add a bit of the Halloween spirit into my baking. The first thing I made was a butternut squash pie with a pumpkin face. You can make any pie you like and cut what ever pumpkin face you want into the pastry. It's super easy! I cooked the pastry for the top of the pie separately and then just added it as a lid once the rest of it was cooked.



Next I made witches' hat pasties. As with the pie, the filling for these can be whatever you like. I filled mine with feta, spinach and peas. I got the ideas for making these from here but decided to make them look bit more like witches hats by adding a little buckle at the bottom.


Lastly, I made these Bakewell tarts with spiders' web icing. I used this basic Jamie Oliver recipe. Although I just used the leftover pastry from my witches' hats to make the cases instead of using pre-made ones. I need to practice doing the spiders' web effect but I think you can at least get the idea. Here are the instructions from someone who has actually mastered it if you want to give it a go!


I would say I am a little bit obsessed with Halloween themed baking at the moment. I have even made a Pinterest board to pin all the good ideas I have seen on the internet. I'm definitely going to do some more before Saturday.

Have you been baking or have you got any ideas for Halloween themed food?

E
x

No comments:

Post a Comment